Tuesday 15 February 2011

Project Three Design Out Suicide






When I received the brief for this project I was disappointed at the nature of the project, as we had to do it over the Christmas holidays. I struggled to choose an issue at the start but decided to choose “Stamp Out Suicide’ as I don’t want to see this happening so often. I knew I had to think quicker than I did with the previous project.
My first thoughts were to research what other designers had done with similar projects and what way they approached the subject. I knew I had to be tactful. I needed to communicate a direct message. From the research I had done I realised this issue was not really used that often in schools as it is a sensitive subject. This made me think of my target audience. I choose to concentrate on young people aged 12-18, male and female. I then remembered what I had in school that could be of use for my designs.
As suicide is a big concern in young people I wanted to try and prevent it from happening and schools were a good place to start. This target audience made it a lot easier to work on the project. My ideas came together very well even though I had hit a hurdle over the Christmas period. I produced everything I wanted to from my strategy but I know I could have produced it to a better standard. I thought my outcome of ideas was strong and I had made a good effort. The colour scheme used is from the propaganda posters I researched, white, red, black and grey, they are strong colours for a strong message. This project ended up interesting and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment