Tuesday 15 February 2011

Project Two Branding /Paint Hall




The second project got me excited, as branding is my favourite thing in this course. As with many project I feel like I jump in with an idea and it gets stuck in my head. I started this project thinking that my idea to rebrand the paint hall as a worldwide nightclub was a great idea. I started the project and was working quite hard until I hit a brick wall. My idea was uninteresting and boring. I then had to go back to the drawing board and start again.
I had to think of something that interested me and I went back to my childhood once again and thought of Alice in Wonderland. I then thought it would be a good idea if I combined my first idea of the nightclub and Alice in Wonderland. I then thought that I could get something quite amazing out of this.
I stated to get excited about the project again. It was a good few weeks into the project before I cam to this decision. Time management is definitely something I need to work on. I had to think of a quirky name that represented where the nightclub was and the theme of the nightclub. I came up with Curious Docks. This then gave me more ideas for the nightclub branding. I wanted to keep it monotone, curious and inviting. I did this by creating illustrations that represented the characters from Alice In Wonderland, but in a curious way.
My final design was a success. I designed an invitation for the opening of this nightclub, I designed posters and mock up badges that were to be gave out as promotional items to intrigue people and make them curious of what was to come.
I believe this project was very successful compared to my last project but I still need to work on my time management as I could of done a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment